Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blessings



"What if Your blessings come through raindrops?
 What if Your healing comes through tears?
 What if a thousand sleepless nights
 Are what it takes to know You're near?
 What if the trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"


Laura Story says this in her song 'Blessings'. I've been thinking of this song alot lately. I never used to like that song. because personally I adore rain, although I know it's a metaphor for hardships in this case. I just tend to get annoyed by songs that use rain as a metaphor for something negative. Silly, I know.


But here's the thing about my new apartment, it's still pretty terrible, and it's going to take alot of work to get it fixed and clean. For instance, last night a giant roach crawled across the bed. Yeah, it was pretty terrifying, and I screamed. I really have been trying to have a better attitude about living here. I've been praying about it alot, as well. I really don't do change well at all. It's going to take me some time. I do know that this is where God wants me. Since I applied to live here God has been sending all sorts of little blessings my way.


Here's a list of some of the blessings:
  • I had enough money to buy some Ikea stuff for my new place
  • I got an awesome hand sander for Christmas (perfect for fixing up my cabinets)
  • Martha Stewart and Glidden sample size paints were on clearance at Home Depot.
  • My gross neighbor, Nicotine Ned, you remember the one who apparently doesn't know how to clean AND smokes in the house? Yeah, he doesn't know how to password protect his internet, and so now I'm getting free internet. Do I feel bad? No. Because I have already put several hours, and hundreds of dollars into cleaning up his mess that he has not paid for. So some free internet really doesn't feel like a big deal to me.
  • My nice, big, strong Army brothers moved my entire apartment, practically by themselves.
  • Here's the Ikea furniture. It is the Expedit line. I already had the eight square one, and I bought the four square one, and I have them set up next to each other, somewhat like the picture.
    
    This is the rug I bought at Ikea. It's a great deal! Only $19.99. It's called the Gislev.
    
    Here are the paint colors I got. The Martha Stewart colors were on clearance for $1, down from $4, and the Glidden samples were on clearance for fifty cents. The yellow one is Sunbeam, one of my favorite yellow paint colors. I bought every little sample they had left.


    This is the hand sander I got from my parents.  Isn't it awesome? It's so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you seeing God's hand in your move. I like the Sunbeam color too.

    ReplyDelete