Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day Two

Day two in the new apartment. I put together a new bookcase from Ikea:

This is the four square Expedit from Ikea. I already have the eight square one, which is standing on end next to this one completed. A picture will follow when I have room to take on! This is literally all the space I had to assemble this shelf! Good thing it was only the four square one this time!
Getting all my books unpacked really helped make some room in the place. Plus, books are one item that once unpacked essentially stay right where they are. Unfortunately, I am a HUGE bibliophile, and have way too many books for such a small place. I have four loaded bookshelves. This means I need to get rid of some books, not an easy feat for me! But I must be brutal.


Here's all my stuff. It is not as messy as it looks. This is mostly just stacked up boxes of stuff. Yeah, I know. I have way too much. This will probably be the last shot of my place all disorganized. (Hopefully, that is!)

One other thing I did which makes a huge difference for a very low cost was to replace all the switchplates for new ones. The old ones were yellowed and gross (like pretty much everything else in the place), and the new ones are fresh and white. Plus, I really didn't want to touch the old ones. I wash my hands alot in this place.


You can tell the difference between the old, dirty plate, and the new clean one. The new one looks so nice and shiny!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've unpacked a lot already! Good job. Can't wait to see the kitchen cabinets painted.

    ReplyDelete